PerspActive vacature: Senior Business Developer (and Project Manager), m/f
for the PerspActive Resilience and Self Help Group – project in CONGO DRC
PerspActive is a Dutch cooperative of nine Christian NGO’s which have the ambition to create a new perspective for a new generation by bridging generations. By joining forces, combining assets as expertise, networks and finance and staff PerspActive members make together the difference.
The intervention of perspective covers under the title Next Generation Perspective following working areas:
- Sustainability including ecology and sustainable agriculture
- Employability and working skills
- Enabling environment and attitude
We are looking for a senior Business Developer and Project Manager (M/F) for the development of the proposition and securing funding of our Resilience and Self Help Group in DRC. If the funding is secured appointment as Project Manager is a possibility (depending on profile and competence). The project is to be executed by The Leprosy Mission (Leprazending), Red een Kind and The Salvation Army (Leger des Heils), members of PerspActive and under the lead of member Red een Kind. Proposition development and securing funds is the first priority. The PerspActive members will facilitate seed money. The project lasts from January 2018 till December 2021 for its implementation. The business development of the case will be done in 2017.
The job will be in first instance for the proposition development and the securing of funding. In case of successful performance in this stage appointment for the rest of the project period is possible. In the project we distinguish two phases: the co creation phase within the framework given by the board of PerspActive including composing a result oriented project team, securing the funding and forming a consortium both in The Netherlands and in DRC. The main outcomes of the resilience and self-help group project in DRC mentioned at the right. For more details, see project framework in the annex. This phase regards theproposition development.
We are looking for a senior Project Manager who:
– Is result-driven and able to effectively manage a diverse consortium of implementing partners;
– Has a proven track record in the resilience and self-help group concept
– Is an inspirational, creative and motivating leader and a people person with ability to resolve matters
constructively; good in implementing projects as well;
– Has a proven track record in developing and composing winning consortia and proposals;
– Is able to communicate and network easily with diverse persons in the public, private and civil society sector;
– Is able to develop and maintain close contacts with relevant and diverse institutions and organisations (including public and private sector and civil society) and to establish mutually beneficial types of cooperation;
– Is able to manage and guide a consortium effectively and complementary implement a project, including identification of capacity building areas;
– Is able to manage complex/multi layered and multi actor projects;
– Assists consortium partners in contract management;
– Is able to travel regularly to areas of intervention in DRC;
– Is a committed Christian (with protestant/evangelical background) or understanding the protestant/evangelical background and deeply respects it.
Qualifications needed/what we are looking for:
– At least 5 years of relevant working experience in multi actor partnerships in a senior project management position in DRC and/or other African countries;
– Relevant academic/educational qualification (or similar competencies based on previous working experience);
– Competent in composing a winning project team which is able to develop ideas or implementing a project
– Experience in translating an idea in a proposition or project and making an idea happen;
– Fluent in English and French
– A contract for three months and with good performance extension to one year with an option for renewal;
– Attractive financial package that is also based on achievements;
– A challenging working environment in an international setting.
Place of work: The Netherlands, with regular travelling to project sites in DRC
Starting date for work: as soon as possible (May/June 2017).
How to apply:
Application made of cover letter (in English), curriculum vitae (in English), proofs of experiences and academic qualifications copies, should be addressed and sent to the executive board of PerspActive by e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure you indicate the job title “SENIOR BUSINESS DEVELOPER RESILIENCE and SELF-HELP GROUP DRC” in your subject line. Only MS Word application or PDF files will be considered.
For queries kindly send an e-mail to the board of PerspActive. For more information about PerspActive, visit: www.perspactive.ngo. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Deadline for submission: April 23, 2017. Job interviews will most likely take place between April 24 and May 5, 2017.